Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zero to Hero in 30 Days? Day 17: Enter Sandman


Last week was kind of a bummer,The rain and brutal heat kept progress to a minimum. The weather may have put the 30 day goal in jeopardy. If it wasn't the weather it's the rust, I knew this thing was a rust bucket but I had no idea it was this bad. What I didn't cut out and weld in with new metal I sandblasted,The entire box is covered in nasty scaley rust. Oh how I loathe sandblasting.I've been digging sand out of every orifice of my body for two days. But With most of the rust removed from the box I began priming with Dupont Variprime which is a self-etching primer, I like spraying Dupont because the mixing ratios are easy to figure out (variprime is 1:1) Some of the PPG stuff have goofy ratios that require a math degree to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment